Sunday, October 17, 2010

Diet mode

Listening to: Kenny Loggins - Footloose (1984 Footloose Soundtrack)

Right now, I feel: Optimistic

So it has been 3 days since I am on a diet. No meats for me. No pork, beef and chicken. The only thing that I can eat as far as what the doctor advised me are fish and veggies (steamed only) and some fruits.

So in my quest to be on a diet, I started to buy some stuff at the Nepa Q-mart market. I asked our helper to come with me. I always liked going to the market. I think I am one of the rare boys who goes there and enjoy buying their food there. I used to go with our helper whenever I have the chance since I was a kid. Once we arrived at the market, I bought some carrots, potatoes, lime and lettuce. I also had some melons and papaya for my fruits. And to wrap my marketing adventure I bought some tuna and lapu-lapu for my meat.

I can have fish as long as it is cooked as soup (it use less oil) and steamed only. So I had a tuna's head cooked as miso soup. Then I started to go to the gym. Since I opted to have my work outs in the afternoon, I opted to had more consumption of food by lunch time. When I say more consumption it means I had 1 cup of rice and my viand. The only thing I ate for the last 3 days was the food itself. No rice included. I had rice so I have the energy.

I still have my oats every breakfast. So when Saturday came, I asked my girlfriend to do some groceries and I bought some Skyflakes, the Quaker Oats' Honey nuts oatmeal cookies and this awesome cereal bars from Kellogg's. I had the Blueberry and the Strawberry flavors. I could have picked my usual snack bar which is the Raisin flavored oatmeal bar from Quaker Oats but the Kellogg's Special K was in a special price in SM Makati. I had 12 pieces for less than 200 pesos.

I also bought some dressings for my veggies as I plan turn them into salad. Eating them steamed is really boring. I am looking for some nice and healthy salad dressings. So give me any ideas if you have one!

In my own opinion, if you know that the food is too sweet for your diet to just plain too much for you, just eat it regularly. In my case, I can't have meat for now. But when the time comes, I'll have them in moderation.

For now I gotta enjoy my diet foods.

2 comments:

gemini said...

Good luck sa pagda-diet. Di madali yan hehe. Sakin din di madali magpataba :)))

Unknown said...

Kaya ko naman mag loose ng weight. Mahirap lang kumain ng foods na konti lang ang pagpipiliian.

Madali lang magpataba. Kain ka lang ng kain.