Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Basketball

This is something that inspired me after playing a basketball tournament in Marvin's place at 11Th ave. in Cubao.

Basketball

From the very moment you hold the ball
You'll never pass me, unless you blew me away
Better pass it to your team mate
But if you do
I swear with my life I'll get it again and again

You can beat me up, let me eat dust
But that won't let me down
That won't let my soul cling to something you can't take away from me
The heart, the passion, and the hunger...
To succeed, to feel the glory, and gain the respect

I won't score
I'm no star player, play maker, or some key player
All I know is defense is my middle name
I call the shots
I'll block your shots
Don't block my way
Or you'll just pay with your dear life
Life for me is a ball
No one can change that
I'll do what I need to do
For me to get the respect
For me to be feared
For me to be known

Block
Rebound
Defense
All I know is that
I got game
Do you?

No comments: