Monday, June 27, 2005

Fiesta!

Went to Marvin's place yesterday (6-26-2005). It's their fiesta that day. It's my 2nd year to go there. And it'll be my first time to play in their mini basketball tournament. I was there around 10am till afternoon the next day. I saw the midgets division play first. And with my digicam ready to take some pics here are the samples:


Img_1502Clutch time.

Img_1504 Post up play.

Img_1506Small but terrible.

I just love how this kids play. So young but they show a lot of potential. I wouldn't be shocked if they grow up and beat my ass in basketball.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I waited for the midget division to finish their game, I saw a parade passing by the other block. I went with Marvin to check it out since her mom is there. So I
grabbed again my camera and took whatever shots I can get:

Img_1509Img_1511Img_1514Img_1513Img_1512

Img_1510 And this is Marvin's mom in FilipiƱa.

I was in awe when I saw this parade since it I thought only in provinces do they celebrate a fiesta like this (well except for the one in San Juan). As we continue the said tournament. I, Mork, Ton-ton and
Rigor made up our team. We went 2-0 and went ahead to the finals. We really pushed ourselves hard and I did my defense mode again (a-la Ben Wallace) but then, we just broke down in the end losing the finals by 2 points. Such disappointment but everything so good that the disappointment went away. It was so much fun, it made me forget my problems at least. The kids there are already calling me SHAQ because of my size and maybe because on how I dominate the paint (I'm not really bragging here, but they gave me such compliment that I'll never forget), not offensively but defensively. I always think of myself as a defensive player. Yeah, I can score up to 10 points, 14 point if I got lucky. But what's on my head is that I need to shut down my opponent. Shut down my guard and don't allow him to score. Not even have an aim at the ring from the very moment he got the ball. Maybe a lot of people who just knew that day already watched me carefully (not bragging here again). I will always hear from my opponent this line: "Pare, bantayan mo mabuti, di ko mga malusutan, ang laki e!" I was so beaten up because of my hard defense (angas!), but it was all good from there. I went to my girl's place and spend some time there and went back to Marvin's place to have a drinking session. Maybe after this, I'll be in Marvin's place more often. Just to play some tough defense basketball and maybe just to kick some ass again. Hmmm... This inspires me again to write a poem about how I play basketball. Nice!

No comments: