Monday, November 02, 2009

Halo-Halo espesyal #13

Listening to: The xx - Basic Space (2009 The xx)

Right now, I feel: Happy

Before I go on and blog non-stop, I want to greet November a big welcome! I was so excited for October to pass. That month wasn't really for me. If you've checked my facebook profile and twitter page, you'll see that October wasn't my month. I went through too much problems in such a rapid succession that I almost burst out to outer space.

Good thing it is November now. I can move forward and just forget everything that happened bad about last month. Sorry guys if I didn't blog that much.

I ended October in a good way. I met my friend Marvin and had a drinking session. I really needed a break and meeting a friend and drinking will be a big reward for me at least.

After that, November 1 greeted me with a radiance. But sad to say, my legs hurt so much that morning that I had no choice but to skip the time to go with my siblings to Manila Memorial Park in ParaƱaque. Thanks to my last gym session and a new program.

Speaking of gym, I am still locked down at 249 pounds. I have a new gym instructor and he advised me not to do any crunches anymore since it'll make my abs tighter and it will not trim down. He gave me some new workouts that requires the use of dumbbells. He made me do some knee up runs and some leg bending with the dumbbells that left my leg hurt so much. I can't even bend it and it's hard for me to take a sit. But the good thing is that I poured out a lot of sweat! Can't wait for another work out tomorrow!

Back to my story, they had plans of going to Bulacan after visiting my brother's grave in ParaƱaque. So I was left all alone in our apartment on a Sunday. I just watched some TV and I focused of watching the NBA. I was watching the New York Knicks versus Philadelphia 76ers game. It was supposed to be a boring one as Philadelphia was giving a beating to New York. But then at the closing period of the final quarter, the red hot Danilo Gallinari poured in the much needed three pointers to tie the game. The bad thing is that New York wasn't able to sustain the momentum as the 76ers came back and totally clobbered the Knicks 141-127. What made me focus really on the game is for New York's rookie Jordan Hill. I wasn't able to see him play. He only played on their opening game against the Charlotte Bobcats for only two minutes. He was the 8th draft pick of the Knicks, but it seems like the team who drafted him is not interested with his talent and skills as the team prefers to get Stephen Curry, a speedy guard who just fits the team's run and gun offense.

On that day I was also on a multitasking since I was checking the NBA site and monitored the other games that was going on that day. The Washington Wizards iced the New Jersey Nets. Is Agent Zero really back now? Will he be able to bring the Wizards to be an Eastern conference contender?

One team that I really want to watch was the Cleveland Cavaliers. As they beat the Charlotte Bobcats 90-79. It was a good thing for the Cavaliers to get a win on their last 2 games as they lost the first 2 games. They're on such a slump after acquiring the Man of Steel, Shaquille O'Neal.

Afternoon came and I watched The Simpsons Halloween marathon. It was really great to watch them. As I was watching, I was also checking the internet. I was able to get a copy of a Return to Castle Wolfenstien game. However, I can't run the game even I was able to install properly.

Ayann came to my house after telling her I was all alone. She stayed till the next day. She brought me some brownies and a graphic novel compilation from Summit Media. The title is Underpass, it is a horror graphic novel from the best people in the comic industry. The likes of Gerry Alanguilan (Wasted) and Budjette Tan (Trese) contributed to the said compilation. I was really surprised to have a copy of it as a gift. Ayann knew that I wanted it since I was about to buy a copy of it a few weeks back. Because of that I gave her a nice hug and kiss before going to sleep. Thanks by!

You can check more info about the book through this site and this one also.

Monday came and I was all alone in the house. I continued to check the cyberspace and I was able to watch MTV for hours. I was able to watched this video that I was waiting to watch from start to finish so I can know the artist and the title of the song. A few weeks back I was able to discover the band Passion Pit with their catchy song To Kingdom Come. I was able to discover a new band, The xx. The band is from London and their self-titled debut album is getting much attention to the music world. Their single and video Basic Space is getting airplay in MTV. I can't wait to have a copy of their album.

Here's their video of Basic Space.



The band is an indie pop group that has a trace of electronica and dream pop. Their influence range from Aaliyah to Justin Timberlake.

You can check more about The xx through their official site and their MySpace page.
I miss my blog friends. Russ and Vayie, I promise I'll do some major back track reading to your blogs.

7 comments:

Ayann said...

You welcome bebiboi!!!- Ayann here

Ayann said...

Ooopsss sorry typo, you're welcome bebiboi!!!!!

l_i_z said...

Yay! Link ex. Later. Yup, I do play MTG. Noob, though. Started last Dec 08.

Unknown said...

Ayann: Well look who's here! Thanks for dropping a comment. Sana palagi mo nang gagawin to ha. =)

l_i_z: Thanks, I used to play too. But I stopped. Started during the launch of 4th Ed and stopped at Urza's cycle.

Liz said...

Added you na @ Pinkville.
Aww, di ko na naabutan mga expansions na yun. Hope to see my link here. ^_^

http://lizspeaks2.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Unknown said...

@Liz: Tagal na din ako di naglalaro, mahal mag maintain e. I added your link na din. Thanks a lot!

Ayann said...

Yeah I will....ingat