Monday, May 02, 2005

The countdown begins

I went to the house of Jasper - my new friend here in LA. I went to his place since he's having trouble with his computer. I tried to fix it and it's been working properly after 2 hours of running intensive task. I would really recommended it to people having their PC run for at least 24 hours to ensure the stability of it. Well as I finished fixing it. We just went around downtown for a joy ride. Then we dropped by to Rey's place down in Pico. Rey is a former workmate of Jasper. As we're hanging out, we're having beers in the backyard. Rey's place is cool. Totally cool, the back is filled with plants that makes the place cool and relaxing. As we are just having some casual talks and some cold beer, Jasper dropped the bomb that make me feel like I'm about to sink to my seat. "When are you gonna gonna go home?" At the moment I heard the question it stayed to my mind stickier than glue. The question seems like a jackhammer that keeps on hammering on my head. It just made me realized that I have 12 days left before the big day - of going home. And because of that, it made me drink the whole bottle of Miller Draft bottoms up. Going back home gives me joy, relief, and it freaks me out too. Half of me is so excited like a freaking rabbit to go home. And the other half of me, feels like a s wanderer who suddenly found his home. It's been more than 2 years since I haven't seen my folks, and now that I had the chance to be with them, 6 months seems not to be enough. But here I am like a little boy crying out loud who wouldn't want to leave. Well I still need to go. I still need to finish my studies, and my siblings and also my girl. Now that my stay with my folks are about to end, a lot of things are now running in my mind. Like I never even ran out of it. So now, the countdown begins.

1 comment:

VAYIE said...

Don't you realize in the first why you're referring Philippines as "HOME"? It is because whether you admit it or not, home is where the heart is. It's normal that you have that dilemma.