Friday, May 13, 2005

Leaving Los Angeles

It has now come. The day I'll be going back to manila. I'll be leaving LA this morning around 1 am PST. (Pacific Standard Time for the dodos out there!ܜ) I'll be having a stop over at Taipei and I'm gonna arrive there May 14. Then I'll be arriving in Manila May 14 around noon time. I'm gonna miss a lot of things here. I'm gonna miss the place, the weather, my work, my new friends, the bands that I've supported, the food of course! I'm just gonna miss everything! But all the things that I'll be missing the most, are my parents. Parang bitin kasi. After 2 years na hindi kami magkakasama, dumating ang pagkakataon para makita ko sila. Pero 6 na buwan lang yun. It's hard to leave knowing that your parents are gonna stay since they still have to work for us to survive. Errr.... I just hate this leaving stuff. It's hard for me to leave them. Oh well. Here are the people I'll truly miss:

Img_0980

My Tito June. #1 food trip buddy. #1 Computer man to go to. He works in a medical institute where he handles the tapes drives and monitors the activity of every servers and mainframes. Have you seen a mainframe? He always see them everyday. I drool with envy at his job. Ummm mainframes!

Img_0984

My cousins (L-R) Francis: An avid fan of WWE especially John Cena. He beats my ass in the Gamecube game NBA Street Vol. 2. Kevin: #2 food trip buddy. He's so addicted to Need for Speed Underground 2 that he spent 5 hours every weekend to finish it. Chuck: Cool guy, he's the one who introduced me to The Mars Volta. An avid fan of the said band. I just like this guy. He loves anything from R&B to Rock. But he just hate Emo music. Ü

Img_0926

My Tita Gina: #1 Lakers fan. One cool aunt. We used to drive around the city with my cousins and have some El Pollo Locco or a coffee at Larchmont. She even gave me a clipper for my birthday! Cool!

Img_0820

My Mamang: Ever noisy lola! Hehehe. She's just a good cook. My laundry buddy. She tells me stories of her childhood days (Which I thought will be boring but it wasn't) I will always remember her for calling me Salbakutah whenever I shave my hair. He even calls me fatso. But I will really miss my grandma.

Img_0958

And the people I'm gonna miss the most. My parents. Dad: Loves rock, though he doesn't show it (He borrowed my A Perfect Circle, U2, and Vans 2004 Warped Tour to copy them) And I got here Annie Lennox and David Bowie CDs! Astig! My mom: Definitely the coolest, she loves my work when I started doing photography. Loves Carl's Jr. a lot! (We always have this Carl's Jr. session every time I drop by her work) And by the way, she always say "Shit man!" just for the kick of it! Hahaha!

Bottom line is, I'm really gonna miss anything about Los Angeles. I'm gonna be back there again that's for sure!

No comments: