Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Firefox and Chinovela syndrome

Nothing special to post. Spend the whole time in my room fixing it and reading some of my magazines (Not my FHM you sissy!Ü) I was checking out one of my Wired magazines (February 2005 issue), and was astounded by the cover. It was the 19 year old Blake Ross. Who's Blake Ross? Well, he's just the one who made Bill Gates pee in his pants during the Internet browser wars. Why? Because he's the one who made the Mozilla Firefox. Yep. That's right, a 19 year old did all the amazing browser. Ok, so what's up with the browser? Well here's a breakdown:



  1. Firefox is an open source project (Meaning it is publicly accessible in part or in whole). In short, the source code for Firefox is accessible to anyone who would like to make a different version of it or add plug-ins or extension programs in it. Open source software (Like Firefox) are mostly free. So you can download it at no extra cost. The result, the ultimate web browser.
  2. It is more secure than Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Less security holes, and even if it has, (Such as bugs, or big security holes in it) It will release an update patch or security patch the next day the said bug was discovered. It even restricts the use of Java Scripting (The #1 source of security holes and breaches)
  3. It has tabbed browsing. Which means, you can go over multiple websites in one window. Why you need it? Well, Internet Explorer runs in a certain executable files where it's codes or resources run independently, so the more IE open the more it eats up the resources at your computer, While Firefox share the same code and resources to every websites that you visit, (Those websites that are tabbed are sharing the same java script codes, and such) so it doesn't eat up that much resources at your slow ass PC.ܜ
  4. The first day the Firefox was launched, by the end of the day the program reached 1 million download. (Watch out Bill Gates!) And it even reached a whopping 53% of change in share of US (take note US only) browser market during October to December of 2004!
  5. Oh and did I just said it's free? Yes it is! So go and grab one!

Firefox2 A sample shot of the Mozilla Firefox.

That's why I was astounded with this kid. Look, he's 19 years old, he started the Firefox revolt, but what's really amazing is that he used the same code that runs the Netscape browser. Yep that's right. But what's more amazing is that he was 14 when he started hacking Netscape. Such a geek! I envy the kid! I really look up to this guy! I hope, one day I could meet him.

3668788_0ab6dabc82_o_1

Ladies and Gentlemen, the 19 year old Blake Ross on the cover of Wired magazine. (February 2005 issue)

=======================================================================
On the other side of my day, I was at our sala watching TV. And guess what, I also got amused at watching chinovelas for the fun of it. The re-runs of Meteor Garden, Memories of Bali, and Stained Glass completes my night. I don't know why, but it just amuses me watching them. And guess who influenced me to watch them, Right!

It's her:
Img_1051

Siya ang may sala! Ate Edel watching an episode of Stained Glass. She was so focused at watching I decided to take a photo of her. And she didn't even noticed that I took a picture of her!

Oh what a night it is! I'll try to go to Gateway mall mall in Cubao tomorrow to check the place out and take some photos in their garden!

No comments: