Sunday, May 07, 2006

Halo-Halo espesyal #1

Listening to: Mesawest - Death Do Us Apart (2004 Mesawest)
Right now, I feel: sleepy....

Before I do my regular post, let me say this... PUTANG INA!!! Ang init!!! I just can't handle the heat wave here. Every year, summer in the Philippines gets worse. I remember when I arrived here from Los Angeles a year ago. Before we got off the plane, the LCD in my seat says a frigging 40 degrees in celsius! I bet it will be the same this year or maybe a couple of degrees higher. At times like this, I just wish I'm back at LA.

Oh well, global warming is for sure, now here to stay. So let me go on now with my post. Let's talk about the NBA playoffs. Finally it's the Phoenix Suns who survived the first round. I knew it will be them. It just so happened that the Lakers were on fire and starving for a playoff stint after missing it last year. Well, it is the playoffs; Everything and everyone has a clean slate, and another way to prove their worth in the league. Think about it. If the Lakers won the series, it will be an all out Los Angeles 2nd round playoffs. And, if that happens, I will bet on the Clippers to win that series and what? They will face either San Antonio or Dallas for the conference Finals? If that happens, they wouldn't survive. I gotta admit, the western conference has more stronger teams compared to the eastern conference teams, but not that strong enough to beat the top dogs of the said conference. About the Dallas and San Antonio match-up, this will be definitely a good series to watch. Two of the best defense in the west. I wonder whose defense will top the other, but I'm pretty sure the series will close at game 7. Now, let's go to the eastern conference. Good thing New Jersey won the series against Indiana at 6. I thought Indinia will win but then New Jersey really proved that no team shouldn't take them easily. They will really give you a hard time trying to survive a series. I wonder how far they can last against Miami in round 2. Chicago on the other hand, didn't also last in the first round, after being eliminated by the Heats at 6. But they gave Miami a scare for their shot at the finals stint or at least, for the 2nd round. Meanwhile, Detroit easily handled Milwaukee in 5 games. Showing how experienced they are when it is playoff time, and when the title is on the line. But I wonder how they will handle Cleveland which is a offensive team. We all knew (or if you didn't), since head coach Flip Saunders replaced Larry Brown, he changed the offensive set up and approach of the team, So they have at least a balance of offensive first 5 and at the same time a defensive players and a good reserve. I guess it will be Detroit in 5 or 6 games. To wrap it up, Cleveland just got a lucky shot from Damon Jones to end the first round series against the Washington Wizards at game 6. Where almost everyone, me in particular, expecting Washington to win the series since they lead Cleveland in the season series match-ups and in statistics. But then King James just show that he is the king of the court and that he can do and will do anything to put you in awe everytime he plays. This is so far a good playoffs series.


In the music world, it is the saddest moment for the Pinoy indie scene since Twisted Halo vocalist Vin Dancel, announce last week that this will be his last month with the band. He announced it through the band's mailing list with reasons not clear to the members of the said group. Though its been 7 years with an EP and a full lenght album with the said band, he told the band that he is departing and will surely miss the fans, his friends who he knew during performances. Myself included, will surely miss his vocal prowess and his showmanship on the stage. I just wish there will be a second album before he part ways with the group. On the lighter side, Queso (formely known as the heavy metal band Cheese) and Pearl Jam have released a self-title album just this month. I can't wait to have a copy of these said albums. Be sure to catch Queso at the 18th of May in Pricemart rooftop in The Fort at 5:30 pm for the album launch. Tool also released its much awaited album 10,000 days. Can't wait to have them in my collection, so does my long list of must have CDs. I really need to have a job now.

In the world of gaming and gadgets, the much awaited annual gaming convention - the E3 2006 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) - will be coming this 9th till 12th of May and will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center. I just wish I'll be there, I didn't made it last year since I was on my way back here in the Philippines. I'm all excited for the release and preview of Nintendo's Wii (codenamed Revolution) and the Sony Play Station 3 which will be released around May of 17th and 16th respectively. And I'm really drooling for an O2 XDA IIs. I just also found out that O2 is supporting the F1 team BWM Sauber. Whoa, I just missed 2 years of F1 action and team BMW Williams and the Sauber Petronas team have merge to be BMW Sauber. I wonder how they stand up in this year's tourney. Check out the O2 - F1 BMW Sauber website here.

Well that's all, so far, for my Halo Halo espesyal series. More to come!

Sabi sa inyo Halo-Halo to e. Tikim na!

Puta! Ang init pa rin!

No comments: