Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Halo-Halo espesyal #3

Listening to: Moloko - The Flipside (1998 I'm Not The Doctor)
Right now, I feel: Happy!

Before I go on with my post, I wanna congratulate Ben Wallace for winning the Defensive Player of the year for the fourth time in 5 years, and also for a denfensive effort in order to win against the Cleveland Cavaliers. It was his fourth time to won the award in 5 years joining Dikembe Mutombo who have won the same in 4 different season. They both got the most awards won since 1982. Steve Nash helped the Phoenix Suns making it again in the playoffs thus winning the MVP award for the second year in a row.

Now going to my typical routine of posting anything here, I got this band who added me in my MySpace account. I left a comment on their site, which in return left one too. Asking me if they can be mentioned in one of my blogs. So here it is.


This is Temple Scence from London. They are somehow sound like Keane and a bit of Fleetwood Mac. Though they say their influences are ranging from Air, Portishead, Jeff Buckley to REM and Bob Marely, it surely doesn't show there since they have this distinct flavor of alternative pop. Yeah I said they sound like Keane and Fleetwood Mac, but that is just like 20% of it. They sound totally different. Mixing different effects in every songs they made and the texture of their sound differ from one section of a song to another. They have this certain melody that will make you sitback and just listen to them. Composed of Ric Levy on guitars (3rd on the pic) and Philippe Rose (obviously 2nd on the pic. The 1st one is some of their logos that they offer with other downloadbles at their official site.) on the vocal chores. They have this EP I pressume which is called Action At A Distance. I hope I could get a copy of those. I recommend for you guys to check them out at their MySpace site.

I got up around 4 pm, just bummed around the house, stared at my computer looking for potential companies where I can apply for a job. I need to ask my mom for my allowance so I can go around the metro and apply for a job. I don't need to further elaborate how I badly needed it. Most probably I will be applying again for a call center job. The best suited job for a nocturnal like me.

While I was watching TV at our living room, I noticed this old VCD player my sister Cheng, borrowed from our aunt. It was clone one, pirated will be a harsh word to put it. It got me an idea of giving them a copy of Ice Age I got in my PC. So I tried to burn the movie. I thought it will be easy, since it was my first time to make a VCD copy using Nero Express. My movie needs to be encoded first, then the copying process will take place. I thought it would be a snap and fast, it is fast indeed; If you have the patience. It took like 2 hours to encode the stuff. Since my movie is an .avi extension and at an average size of 700MB, it took that long to encode it, not copy it. When we tried to watch it, it didn't worked first. I told my sister "Ayaw sa kapwa piratang produkto yang player na yan" (That pirated player won't play another pirated CD.) After trying to play the damn disc for like a decade, it worked. Hurray for us! We tried to watch it and noticed a tolerable glitches along the way. It became an annoyance when it skipped and do loops from one frame to another in the middle part of the movie. I stopped it from watching, but our youngest sibling Kiko tried to finish it. I assumed that it happened due to copying the movie at 52x, the fastest speed I had in my CD writer. Maybe I should have done it at a lower speed so there can be a thorough error correcting scheme.

Have you guys watched ABS-CBN's new anime series "Yakitate!! Japan"? That one is cool! It was about this kid named Azuma Kazuma who got this solar hand thing (I dunno why they call it like that) and works for a branch of Pantasia bakery. He has this dream of making a Japanese bread. What's cool about him is that he got skills for a baker but not the knowlegde of one. People thinks he is a stupid one coz of his actions when baking, but his skills are totally awesome! You should watched it! Hahahaha!

I got finished downloading a torrent about Kitaro. I got curious as to who this artist is. From the name itself, the artist is a Japanese man, and I was right. He's a musician born in Toyohashi, Japan. He got this different styles of Neo-Classical and some ethinic sound. He is somehow an electronic (not electronica) musician from the way he uses a synth as his primary instrument. For more info about him you can visit this site.

That will be all for now. I find it funny how I got to have 3 post of different topics put in all together. Maybe I'll be having a habit of doing this. I should have called my blog "The Halo-Halo espesyal series" Instead of its current title. Hahahaha! More post to come! That's for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kelan mo ilalagay sa top10 mo yung paborito kong kanta..

manny pacquiao - para sa yo


nyahahahaha