Saturday, July 04, 2009

Bago and lahat....

Listening to: DJ Shadow - Building Steam With a Grain of Salt (1996 Endtroducing...)
Right now, I feel:Nostalgic

Before I go totally nostalgic here and while I am trying to compose the other blog in my head so I can cope with the years I was gone. I do remember when my family watch a movie at its 1st screening time. The cinemas will play the Philippine national anthem before the trailers and the movie itself.

The Philippine National anthem:



Yeah it is also played after the last full show (I am not sure though if cinemas do this at night). So what is something nostalgic about this?

Well Jimi Hendrix did an instrumental version of The Star-Spangled Banner during the 1969 Woodstock right? Well last November 2007, Francis Reyes did the same thing. He did a guitar rendition of the Lupang Hinirang. You can check the link here since the video is not allowed to be embedded in another website (Damot!)

I know some parts of the rendition were not done well. But not bad for Francis' part since it is hard to do it on an electric guitar and giving a rock element on it.

Kudos to Francis Reyes!

No comments: