Saturday, July 04, 2009

Where were you?

Listening to: Filter - Welcome to the Fold (1999 Title of Record)
Right now, I feel: Very nostalgic

All right so you will ask me: "Where were you for 3 years?!?". Well I have tons of reasons to give you. But to put it simply, My PC went out on me during that time and I was too lazy to update it because of me having a work and I won't be really able to update it by going to a computer shop. It will be so time consuming for me to do that since I really do compose and give time in posting a blog.

Well at least I am able to actively post here again and one step at a time I can bring it back to its so called glorious days. And while I am waiting for that to happen, let's go back as to what happened to me while I was gone at the blogosphere.

2006:
June: I was working with a call center in Makati then. It was supposed to be fun. But after a month or so (thanks for my own concoction of coffee) My body gave up on the work load and the time the work demands. Imagine, you have to work for 9 hours (the 1 hour lunch and 2 15 minutes break are included here) and then you have an hour of post-shift overtime. Then another hour of team meeting for our TLs to coached us since we are somehow new. I just couldn't keep up with that. Thus I quit and just stayed at home. No work, not in school, another bum in the house again.

July-October: I was resting for a while and then I remember to pursue my application working in another call center where my friend Marvin is working. I remembered I applied there around March but wasn't able to get the job since they are having some management overhaul. I applied there during September and I won't forget that because it was raining for 2 days (the same number of days I had when I applied) and I got the job. But as on my way home, it was raining and got a fever. Typhoon Milenyo hit the metro and I am not aware of it.

October 2006-March 2008: I was working for the said company and it was a good experience since I meet cool people at work and build a friendship to most of them. I remember our batch during training being labeled as the "Brat Pack" since all we did during training was just get our facilitator pissed and laugh their hearts out. It was a great time for me too. I've meet my girlfriend there and it was a wild experience for me as to how we got together and became officially a couple. I resigned to the said company and moved on to another one.

March 2008-June 2009: It was a bumpy road for me during this time. I have to adjust big time with my girlfriend since we are really used seeing each other everyday. The only time I won't see her is when it is our day off or when I am at home sleeping after shift. Imagine more than a year that we see each other from work. I even go to her place in Pasay and then we will go to our office from there together. I even dropped her off back to her place after our work. So it was hard for her to adjust and for me to keep up with seeing her. Sometimes we end up arguing about it and having some small fights. I had chicken pox around June of 2008 and it was hell. On the eve of my chicken pox coming out, my fever is sky rocketing to high heavens! Our ever loyal yaya Ate Edel was giving me a sponge bath using cold water. Cold water meaning coming from solid ice! That's how my fever was at that time. I was even hallucinating as I was shouting and saying to get the horse out of my room and I was looking for my mom and my girlfriend. My shouts can be heard by our neighbors. How far? Count 5 houses from where you are sitting now. That far and everyone heard me. Too much for self humiliation. I worked for another call center this time and I was even planning to stay there for good and pursue my college degree at the same time. I even rented an apartment in Makati so I can within the proximity of my work and school. It was another adjustment as I was living in with my girlfriend then. We got to know each other more. From the what we really like in food, on how we handle stuff in our apartment and on how to keep it tidy. I did the laundry and the market errands as I was used going to the wet market since I was a kid. I was able to learn cooking a kick-ass sinigang and more. I hate the laundry job only when it comes to my jeans. It is so fucking heavy! I was having a hard time drying it out and getting it out of the washing machine. Imagine my girlfriend doing the ironing on those jeans. She really curse till eternity about it.

Right now I am planning to pursue my college diploma. To a new school. I am also going back to my sibling's apartment in Quezon City as I won't be working at all now. I will just focus on my studies. I hope I can start this coming November, just in time for the 2nd semester.

It is another adjustment for me, for my girlfriend and especially on my lifestyle. I just need to be ready for it and have my balls be big enough to face it.

By the way, I am planning to take fine arts major in advertising in PWU.

No comments: