Sunday, July 05, 2009

Halo-Halo espesyal #6

Listening to: Taken by Cars - Neon Brights (2008 Endings of A New Kind)
Right now, I feel: Excited

It is Sunday once again. What a day to finish the week! I got up around 8pm since I slept around noontime yesterday. I got a text from my girlfriend letting me know that she can't come to my apartment since she's not feeling well. Get well soon baby! We just exchanged text message as to what we were doing after getting up in the evening. She just has this fear of adjusting again and me being away from her in terms of time and lifestyle (I'll be going back to college while she's working). I started to twit and loaded some songs in my blip.fm. I tried to update my MySpace site. I think it is time for me to do it since I got all the time. I was checking some news as well and especially sports.

Ginebra lost to San Miguel Beer last Friday night on a large margin. As predicted, Ginebra got eaten alive inside the paint by Danny Idelfonso and Marc Pingris. Though according to PBA.ph site that the two players might get some stiff sanctions after an incident with a fan.

In the NBA scene, Hedo Turkoglu agreed to a 5 year deal with Toronto. It was a disappointing scenario for the Portland Trailblazers as they have tried to get Hedo and was about to get him when Toronto made a more tempting offer. Will this be all about money now for Hedo? Come to think of it. If Hedo stayed with Orlando with Vince Carter added and hopefully Marcin Gortat will stay, they can be an awesome team with a chance of winning the championship. The sad thing here is that Orlando is willing to go beyond the luxury tax threshold as long as they can keep the team intact but Hedo wants $10 million a year. That is too much for me if you will ask me. Too much for someone who is just getting like $6 million a year and will have a raise of $7.34 million. That is just too much.

The Portland now is having a problem since they want to have a veteran presence in the team. With that they have lesser options now in the free agency players available. It can be Rasheed Wallace but the Boston Celtics are eying on the guy and they might get a deal for Sheed. They can have Jason Kidd but the New York Knicks are trying to get Kidd also. But there is a chance the Kidd will stay with the Dallas Mavericks. If they want Lamar Odom, it will be impossible. As the Los Angeles Lakers have relieved Trevor Ariza, they will definitely re-sign Odom.

The only problem for the Toronto Raptors is how can they get Carlos Delfino, Shawn Marion and Anthony Parker back? They have used their cap space already for getting Hedo. And speaking of problems, now that Hedo is gone for Orlando, who will do the pick and roll play for Dwight? Can Vince Carter do it? Will Cleveland acquiring Shaquille O'Neal be beneficial for them now since everyone is in doubt of how Shaq can defend the picks.

Detroit Pistons on the other hand is trying to get Avery Johnson to be their coach. After firing their freshman coach Michael Curry. Though it seems like Johnson is not in a hurry to be coaching again. He wants to make sure that certain terms that are not disclosed are agreed by both parties. Detroit is not sure now for Tayshaun Prince and Rip Hamilton's future after Acquiring Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva. Free agents Antonio McDyess, Rasheed Wallance and Allen Iverson will definitely be gone. They just need some additional men for their front court. Kwame Brown will definitely start as their center.

It seems like the league now is a big Rubik's cube in a big mess with a lot of moves are required to have it be fixed.

Besides basketball, I heard the F1 teams are willing to back out the FIA's F1 next season and will make their own league. I don't know if this rumor is true and as to why they are backing out of the tournament.

Can't wait for game 3 of the PBA, for my girlfriend to drop by my apartment. I am planning to go to a mall this afternoon. Maybe in Robinson's place in Malate, Manila. Excited to keep in touch with my friends and some bands I really love in MySpace.

For sure adding a Facebook account will be hard for me. This will be far from happening for sure.

By the way I need to have my wish list now. I need have my top 10. Hmmm... CDs, graphic novels, cameras..... Let me dream about these for now!

4 comments:

Luis Anthony Oliveros said...

Huwaw. That's for listening to Neon Brights, one of my favorite Taken By Cars songs.

bhiegotz said...

helo! salamat sa pag-gulong sa blog ko.. gulong ka ulit.. :)

wala lang.. hehe..

Unknown said...

@bhiegotz Anytime! Dadaan talaga ulit ako dun.

@greyweed Di ka na talaga nag uupdate? Di mo na ba mahal si Vin Dancel? Hahahahahaha!

Unknown said...

Wala... Masyado ka nang seryoso. Baka kailangan mo ng beer! =)