Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ten things I hate about MRT

Listening to: Citizen Cope - Bullet and a Target (2004 The Clarence Greenwood Recordings)

Right now, I feel: Snappy

Last Tuesday night, I went to pick up my girlfriend Ayann from her place to her work. I always took the MRT on my way home and while I was inside the train, it made me think of the things I hate about the said ride. So here are my ten things I really hate about MRT.

1. They don't have control of the crowd. They could have just get more trains to be traveling during rush hours but they decided to let everyone be like sisig packed in a can.

2. I hate the people riding it. For a lot of reasons. People facing the door and boarding it as they don't give a shit if there are other people getting out of the train. People trying to cut lines just to get inside and have a good spot where the aircon is blowing real hard like a wind. Enough said about this.

3. The trains are not fully maintained. How many times did you ride the MRT and got stranded because the train in another station was broken or the train you're riding is broken?

4. I hate the security people. They are so just "Ningas Kugon" and power trippers. I just wish they go to hell.

5. Tellers, ticket sellers or whatever you call them. They are rude and sometimes won't listen to what you have said even if your voice is loud enough for other people in the line to hear it.

6. The stations are just dirty from people throwing the small thrashes to unnecessary stalls inside the station. I just hate it when the place is so crammed up with things that will make the institution increase their profit.

7. I hate the train drivers when they act like God every time they speak over their microphone yelling or scolding at people not to certain things.

8. I hate the buses that stops right at the station and stays there for a long period of time as they hog all people that might me riding on their bus.

9. I hate the people once they are inside the train like they don't respect your privacy when you are reading a text message or a certain reading material.

10. I hate the TVs displayed in every station where certain information are shown. What I hate about it is that there are ads where DOTC personnel are saying something yet you don't know what it is since you can't hear anything coming from the TV. That is just so stupid. You either play the ad loud or let the TV be on mute but don't play a damn ad where someone looks like he/she is talking.

Now those are the 10 reasons why I hate it but I only have one reason why I use it. It is one of the best means of transportation. If you just know what time you will use it and take a ride.

4 comments:

bernadette said...

kakainis talaga yang ganyan! am especially affected by rude tellers / ticket sellers / whatever. ugh.

Unknown said...

Yeah, as much as I hate it, I have no choice but to use it as well. Such irony.

[vayie] said...

Time to get yourself a car! :)

Unknown said...

I guess Vayie, pero ala akong pera e. Maybe my mom can help me out for now. I just hope she can really do help me since she is planning for me to have one. (Crosses fingers!) =)