Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Halo-Halo espesyal #9

Listening to: Daft Punk - Technologic (2005 Human After All)
Right now, I feel:Excited!

It's been 21 days of not blogging anything! It was such a long time. Sorry folks for this delay. I have been planning to at least make a draft or blog as much as possible but certain events tends me not to blog. Well, let's all go back in time as to what happened. This will be another roller coaster ride for you, but I prefer you to get a spoon and dig in. Halo-Halo espesyal is now served!

I moved back to my siblings and stayed in Quezon City. It was a couple of blocks away from where we used to live. It is near Kalayaan Avenue but the place is farther to East Avenue which means a lot of walking for me. It will be a problem for me since East Avenue will be my best route on my way to mall or school. So I got my last paycheck the 22nd of July since my previous employer needs to be notified 3 working days in advance when I will pick it up. Bummer as it seems I opted in getting it in a next week. How big is my last paycheck? It is six figures of course but with that fat ass paycheck, I was able to buy this:


Yep! That one! A ticket to Nine Inch Nail's concert for tomorrow. My friend Marvin told me that tickets were still on sale as opposed to our idea that it was sold out. He was able to reserve one for himself (You selfish bastard!) but told me to reserve for the two of us and he will just forfeit his reservation. So a couple of days before July 22, I did reserve 2 tickets for us. As what I posted before in my last post, I am planning to get the lower box part. We really don't care if the ticket cost as much as this:



A whopping 2,625 pesos! (reservation fee is not included) It is Nine Inch Nails for Pete's sake! Besides, the most expensive tickets are the VIPs and the front row seats (priced at 4,725 and 3,938 pesos each) which my friend and I thought to be too much. We opted to get the lower box since it is cheaper, (but for a concert this will be too much) we have a good view of the stage and we will definitely enjoy the crowd. It has been 20 years since their existence. I was just 5 years old when they started. I remembered listening and watching Perfect Drug for the 1st time when I watched channel V when I was in my 2nd year of high school. There are rumors that the band will part ways so this will be a concert I can't miss. As what I told my friend Marvin to be the reason for us to watch the concert: "Hindi pa tayo tuli e may Nine Inch Nails na!" I will blog about my concert experience soon!

I also bought some DVDs since it was a mid-yea
r sale. I was planning to complete the seasons of the House since it was my favorite. But I opted to get my hands on some movies I really want. Simpsons The Movie, Bourne Ultimatum, Munich, Kung-Fu Panda, A Beautiful Mind, Bad Boys II, Tears of the Sun and Hide and Seek. I also bought a DVD gift for my girlfriend. I wasn't really into this series that she is raving about. I don't like the teeny mushy type of TV series. I had the idea that the TV series she likes is a no good one. When I have the chance to watch it I was officially hooked into it. I was so in love with:


XOXO, Gossip Girl! I was really shocked with how the story comes out. I was reacting to every scene that I am watching. My girlfriend was amused that I liked what she likes too. And she didn't expect that I will be all hooked into this series. And I have a huge crush on Serena! I just love how she looks and dress. I gotta get season 2 soon!

Since it was a mid-year sale, I also purchased some old CDs:
1. Lost Prophets' Liberation Transmission
2. Gnarls Barkley's St. Elsewhere
3. Angels and Airwaves' We Don't Need to Whisper

4. Eagles of Death Metal's Death by Sexy
5. Ang Pamana: The Inheritence Official Soundtrack

I got this on a sale. Sa presyong adik! 50 pesos lang! Except for the first 3 CDs which I got at 99 pesos. And I got my hands at some new CDs too. I got Pupil's Wildlife Special Edition CD and Gloc 9's Matrikula. I loved the CDs I just purchased. And after
nine years, I was able to buy a hip-hop album and the first one to be a local artist.

After the mid-year sale it was my sister's baby shower. Yep she was pregnant and after I moved in I was helping her going to the doctor or having an ultrasound appointment. We even bought a DVD player since Ansons besides Landmark is having a sale too. I was in the right time when I moved in since she has someone to go with her for her check ups if her
boyfriend is swamped at work.

I was able to meet some of my sister's friends from high school and her CSB days. Too bad I wasn't able to see her friend from CSB. She was my crush during my early call center career. We have some good time and have tons of food to munch! I also helped my sister and her bf to think of a name. I was even kidding to name the kid Mangoestina since she was it was a mangoesteen to be her cravings during her pregnancy and I was expecting her daughter to be dark colored since she also has a dark skin tone.

It was a great way to end the week and wrap up the
Sunday. We have a good time and we went home together with my girl watching Gossip Girl and having another round of Pene pasta that was brought home from the baby shower. The next day I dropped my girl back to her place in Pasay and decided to go to Greenhills to buy some memory stick for my PSP. I got a message from my sister but as I was about to read it, I got a missed call from her boyfriend Bok and he was calling me when I was checking on my phone. He told me that my sister was with our yaya and went to The Medical City for the check up when she was advised that she will give birth already! Good thing I was done with my thing in Greenhills. I rushed to my house and went to the hospital. After a couple of hours we went to Makati Med due to some technicalities (money wise). We waited for more than 24 hours since my sis was on a labor and her OB decided to do a cesarean procedure. It was a fast one as my sister gave birth to her baby girl. My first niece!


My sister looking like she was punched my Manny Pacquiao.


She is so cute. Her name is Alexandrea Leigh. I helped them add the Leigh so not to make the name dull. We are just a sucker for long names! I already saw her when my sister is having her ultrasound and as what the sonographer said, the baby has somehow a big cheeks. That is where I got a fondly nick for her. My sister said she wants the nick for the baby to be Xandra. I call her by the nick of:


Siopao! Oh she is just so cute!

That wraps everything now! I won't be posting anything about sports since I have a new segment that I have in mind now. This will be another edition to my Halo-Halo issues. Better wait for it!

Sarap ng Halo-Halo diba? Espesyal pa! San ka pa!

Kaya tara tikim ka na!

No comments: