Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend escapde!

Listening to: Up Dharma Down - All Year Round (2008 Bipolar)

Right now, I feel: Contented

I feel so light about this week. Though there are still many things to be done. Many things to contemplate about. I really had a great feeling about this week.

Finally I was able to install some programs that I needed for my computer though I had a hard time updating and installing some programs since my operating system is on a 64 bit. Some programs like Yahoo! Messenger and some firewalls can't be installed. I don't know why this type of programs won't work when it should be since an operating system of 64 bit is backward compatible to work with normal 32 bit types. Thanks to my aunt who let my mom and I stay late in her office for my mom to do her work online.

Last Saturday is a great weekend for me. It is one of the best. Though it almost got canceled due to my immaturity and getting easily mad, my date with Ayann went through. I have a lot of first saved in me. It is my first time to go to Saguijo, which made us got lost around Buendia and Chino Roces Avenue. It is also the first time for me to go out with my girlfriend for this kind of event. She is not really into indie acts and music but she is willing to go out with me for her to see the crowd I go to and maybe she can dig it. We arrived there an hour late from the gig started (The event started at 9:30 pm). We got a chance to see the band Encounters With a Yeti (Which I thought was Sleepwalk Circus. Thanks to Los for correcting me on that one!) set up their gears. I started to see Toti Dalmacion as I told him that I will get a copy of Pasta Groove's album. I went out and I saw Pol and Los of Up Dharma Down and we started to talk and see how's everything is going for them. As usual I was starstruck talking to them but I was so glad that they really remembered me by my nicked that I used to introduce to them. Yep, it is Baby Boy of course! I got to meet Toti finally but I was too shy to talk to him since he is busy going around and checking the bands that is in the line up for the gig. Too bad that he didn't have the CD with him. Back inside the bar, Encounters With a Yeti starts to perform. I was surprised with how the guitars sound differently with each other. It is like I was in a different realm. At first I thought they are like influenced by Up Dharma Down but it was totally a different group out there. They sounded like Mogwai but with a dreamy and ethereal sound like it is bringing you to another realm. They are so great. After the band's set we got out and I introduced my girlfriend to Los and Pol and we started to chat about everything. From what we have tweeted and our blogs and the latest updates from the band. Ayann went hungry and I invited her to go to this resto right across Saguijo. She was hesitant at first since she feared that the food might be bad. But after insisting her to try it since she was really starving, we went there and got fixated with the old piano, the cozy place and the very relaxing ambiance. We got entertained by a man (which we assumed was the owner) and introduced us what are his best sellers that night. My girl wanted pasta but the guy said it is impossible since it'll be midnight and they are about to close. So we just chose Arroz a la Cubana and Spare ribs adobo. The food was awesome! We really enjoyed every morsel of it. My girlfriend and I agreed that we will always eat there whenever we'll watch a gig in Saguijo. How much we ate? Well it is 550 pesos for 2 meals and 3 Sola iced teas. Not but for a resto when it made our stomachs full! I'll definitely go back to that place and meet the owner.

We got back to Saguijo and was able to see Radio Active Sago Project. Ayann was somehow amused with how the guys performed. And then finally the wait is over. We got to see Up Dharma Down now. I told my girl to get ready to be bumped and feel the heat since there is too many people inside the bar. I thought the bar was big but it was really cozy and can fit 50 or less people I guess. But I didn't complain about it as it is part of the gig and it happens. The band performed tracks from their second album Bipolar. It was a great set as I sing along with crowd as songs like Taya and Every First Second was performed.

I thought we'll be going home that time and call it a day but my girl invited me to go to Crobar in Malate. Her colleagues where there and she wanted to check the place. Since it is her thing to go to such discos or bars, I agreed with her to go and check the place. I like the place too but there were lesser people since it was 3 am (The gig at Saguijo ended like 2:30 am). The music was great as I can't resist to sway or nod my head as it goes along with the beats. The music was really a temptation for me to dance. Good thing I didn't get drunk as I had a couple of San Mig Light from the previous gig and I got a couple of Vodka at Crobar. It was really a great weekend for me as the Saturday night wrapped up and it became Sunday morning. Then Ayann get to spend the Sunday night at my place as she got to meet my mom for the first time. I was even surprised when she told me that she and Pol did the high five and then shook hands as we're about to leave. She even said that she liked the band Encounters With a Yeti and how Armi's voice of Up Dharma Down is soulful yet powerful. We watched MTV since we got Sky Cable installed though it is only on prepaid basis. I was surprised too that she liked The Killers especially their song Mr. Brightside and All The Things That I've Done. When I told her that I have a CD of their first album, she demands me to have the songs be ripped and have it on her phone so she can play it. It was really one great weekend for me!

I went to Greenhills to have my PSP be fixed last Monday and some units to be downgraded and have a custom firmware be installed so I can play games stored in my memory stick. I was to play again now but the real treasure I really got is the comics that I have been looking for. The 2nd installation of the Death of Superman trilogy: Funeral for a Friend series or much know as World without A Superman in its compiled version. It was really a sad time when this was released. I remember when I was in 4th or 5th grade when I read this trilogy from my cousin who was a comic collector that time. I have been looking for this particular book since it was so hard to find in Fully Book and Power Books. I tried to look for it in comic shops like Filbar's and Comic Alley but they have no stock. I tried Planet X Comics in Glorietta and Trinoma before but the books they sell is too pricey. I remember my girlfriend Ayann bought me the Watchmen comics as a birthday from the said store for 1,100 pesos when we found out a couple weeks later that it is sold in Fully Booked at 900 pesos. It was really great to have a copy of this. Now I have the complete trilogy. I am not sure though if I will buy the Doomsday vs. Superman sequel to the said trilogy.

No comments: