Saturday, July 02, 2005

Bittersweet Symphony

One of the poems I kept for years. I made this around March of 2004. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just writing poems for the
excitement of making one, or maybe because I'm suddenly inspired to make one,
or maybe as an outlet of my emotions. Whatever reasons I have, all I know is
that there's a certain feeling of emptiness that fades away. I feel my soul
rejuvenates every time I take a photo or make a poem. And for this specific
poem I made last year, it made me think that life is really a bittersweet
symphony. And yes, I will embrace and explore more about the artistic side in
me.



Bittersweet Symphony

I'm the maestro
My life is my opus
I compose every notes that comes out of it
I set the tempo
I set the mood
Every pace of my life is my own choice
But life is such a bittersweet
But I just have to let it flow

I'm the soprano
I'm the tenor
I sing my life to everyone
Play my masterpiece as if it's my last
But no one watches me, I play my opus alone
And life's a bittersweet
And sometimes I just can't let it go

I missed some notes
I made mistakes in every piece I made
But as time passes by
I adhere myself to reality
Though life is a bittersweet
It is my symphony I have to play
I must play it on my own, even if I'm alone
Even if nobody is watching, I must play it on my own
Life is a bittersweet symphony
I let the melody shine, as it cleanse my mind
As it made me feel free now

Life is a bittersweet symphony
I just let it play and go on
Until my last breath
Until I can say this is my "magnum opus"

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Son, enjoy life and take it easy. Your poems are great and hope its not a reflection of yourself, they are so sad, confuse and bittersweet?... just keep going...