Friday, September 04, 2009

I am a gym class hero! #1

Listening to: Massive Attack - Protction (1994 Protection)

Right now, I feel: Tired

Yep it is official. I enrolled in a gym a couple of blocks away from my place. I started 3 days ago just missing one session yesterday since my legs are having this bad cramps.

My first day was the evaluation day for me. I went to the gym as soon as I have set my brother's Ipod shuffle and went to Bulacan to renew my driver's license. My instructor tried to see what workout I can do. I tried first the treadmill. I tried to walk first then speed it up. The walk began to be faster as I tried to do a sprint at 5 speed. I was able to last a minute and a half of running before I gave up and reduced the speed of the treadmill. Not because I was exhausted but due to the cramps I am feeling near my ankles. Then I pushed myself again and tried to do another run but I still lasted a minute and a half. I told him what I felt and he told me that it is because of my weight being distributed to my legs. He told me to take a rest then did some crunches, did a 3 sets with 30 repititions of crunches, my instruction set the ab crunch machine at the 8lbs. weight. I did the bicycle for 17 minutes and I wasn't able to last the whole 17 minutes as I feel cramps coming in to my upper legs and hamstring anytime soon. My instructor called it a night for me. I told him my weight history.

I remember my mom telling me that I was really big since birth. "Malaking bulas" as what other people will tell me. Good thing I was tall since I was a kid that it wasn't that obvious how overweight or obese I am. I remember how my mom will tell me how surprised she was when I was born with a weight of 8 pounds.

Back to the gym adventure, it was really a great feeling for me to be doing this. It is exhausting and my body seems like it want to scream from the pain that it is having. Cramped all over my legs. But it was the first time I did perspire a lot. I never perspired a lot like this for years. The last time I felt it was when I played basketball with my relatives a year ago and playing badminton with some friends 3 years back. I went home having dinner in so small increments. Small based on my own standards. Like I said before, I can eat a whole chicken in just one sitting. This time I only had 4 spoons worth of rice and a cup of beef. I still smoke a couple of cigarettes but I am really planning on cutting the food and the cigar thing. I just don't want top cut it drastically. I know that I will be really craving for those so I'd rather cut it slowly so my body can get used to it.

2nd day at the gym resumed after getting my driver's license and driving the car for the first time after 7 years from NLEX to our place. I felt cramps on the way home since my legs wasn't used to driving that long and for 7 years too.

I still did some stretching longer that usual, so I can avoid having cramps right away. I did the bicycle first and it was better than before. I was able to last 20 minutes straight without any stops. I did felt some cramps between my calf and ankle but it was gone when I was on my 10th minute doing the bike. My instructor told me to do some cardio and a little of ab crunches to loose weight and also to improve my stamina. He told me that I can do the work out everyday. 3 days of work out and 3 days of just doing the treads or the bicycle. I planned to do the work out every MWF and the cardio work out every TTHS. I hope I can loose weight faster with this.

I will now put a blog entry about my gym adventure. Now I have a new issue to show you guys. Besides the Halo-Halo espeyal and the Royal Rumble, I now welcome to the I am a gym class hero!

No comments: