Sunday, September 13, 2009

I am a gym class hero! #2

Listening to: Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down (2005 From Under the Cork Tree)

Right now, I feel: Sleepy

Before I share you my gym adventures, let me rant and share this to you first. I drove my brother to the barber shop. I suck in parking the car. We went home and parked it and I still suck. Big time! I really suck in parking a car! I just hate it. I can drive but I can't park. Geez!

Now back to our regular programing.

Welcome to the 2nd issue of I am a gym class hero. My first issue is about the first 2 session. Now It has been a week since I haven't updated anything about it, so here we go.

Last Saturday was my 3rd gym day. I lasted for almost 3 hours. Starting at around 4 pm and ended 7:30 pm (that is with rest and breaks included). I was able to do some abdominal crunches longer that usual. I did a 20 minute fast walk again on the treadmill, another 20 at the stationary bicycle. Then took a rest and did a 5 sets of with 10 pounds on my back at the abdominal machine. I had 50 repetitions for that workout alone. I was really in the mood to loose weight right away. I did the inclined crunch for 3 sets with 30 repetitions only. I can't last further on that work out since it really gives pain in my legs and at my back. Though I feel my big stomach stretching, I don't want to get cramps all over it. I did another bike workout again for 10 minutes and then did a 3 sets of the ab machine with 50 reps still.

Monday and Tuesday was all good. Though I didn't go with the 8 sets on the ab machine, I was still able to do some great workout. I added a new workout with the runner. Though I don't really know what it is called. I still call it a runner. You just like floating in air and running, with arm bars that can make your arms sway too. Oh wait I found it now in Sears's website! Thanks a lot Sears! It is called the Elliptical machine! I love that workout. It really gives my heart a good beating and some workout too as I perspire a lot. Last Saturday I weighed it at 266 pounds and last Tuesday I weighed in at 257 pounds! That is a 9 pounds decrease for just 4 days of gym and diet!

I did the normal routine last Wednesday and Thursday but my instructor told me to focus on the cardio workout which means I should prolong the duration I am on each machine. I still did the 20 minutes for the elliptical machine and the treadmill with 1-2 minutes of running included but I did 25 minutes on the bicycle. I did each workout twice. My instructor told me to start with the incline crunches which gave me a hard time since my stomach was really hurting from the stretch it is getting.

I didn't went to the gym last Friday as I deserve a break. I snoozed all day and played my PSP the whole day. Saturday came and I decided to break the barrier of my limits. I want to go for 4 hours. It is hard to do but I was able to do 4 hours with rest and breaks included. From 5 pm to 9pm Here's what I did. This time to avoid the cramps and too much stretch on my stomach, my instructor told me to stretch my abs first and lesser the weight on my abdominal machine workout

- 20 minutes on the elliptical
- 20 minutes on the treadmill
- 4 sets of abs machine with 50 reps each. (2 sets with 10 pounds and 2 sets with 7 pounds)
- 2 sets of inclined crunches with 20 reps each
- 10 minutes on the stationary bicycle
- 10 minutes of elliptical
- 10 minutes of treadmill
- 2 sets of abs machine (still with 50 reps of 7 pounds weight)
- 2 set of inclined crunches (with 10 reps this time since my abs is really strained too much that I am feeling cramps already)
- 2 sets of abs machine
- 10 minutes on the elliptical
- 20 minutes on the tread mill (with 2 minutes run at speed rate of 5.5)
- 2 sets of abs machine
- 2 sets of inclined crunches
- 7 minutes on the bicycle
- 10 minutes on the elliptical
- 20 minutes on the treadmill (did a 1 minute run at speed rate of 5.5 twice)
- 2 sets of abs machine

And that covers my workout last night. It really made me exhausted and left a splitting headache that even advil won't subdue. But I was able to hold on to the pain since I was at home at that time. My instructor liked my focus saying that we will use all the weight machines by Monday. He was impressed with my improvement on my stamina as I wouldn't last 2 minutes on the elliptical before and I find it hard surviving the treadmill without any pain and cramps in my legs.

I now weighed in at 255 pounds. Let's see what will happen by Monday!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa! Good lord that's some heavy workout there! Good job on lasting for 3 hours. I envy you. Haha! :D

This is scarlet-hue btw.

Unknown said...

Scarlet-hue! Finally you were able to comment! I am so happy!

Yeah, I am really determined to prolong the duration of my gym on the past 2 Saturdays since I didn't went to the gym on 2 Fridays as well.

Last Saturday was 3 hours and Yesterday as 4 hours. All with breaks of course, so maybe it is around 2 hours and 3 hours if you will only count my workout sessions.

Thanks Golda! Now I know you're real name. =)

R. said...

WOOHOO!Ü Congratulations on all the pounds lost. Looks like you've gotten your groove. Just stick to a good diet and exercise regularly, in no time you'll be in your best shape.

Sana madami pang mga tao ang ma-inspire na mag-exercise.Ü

R. said...

You might want to check this blog too. She's also into healthy living.Ü We can all learn from each others' diets & workouts. Stig!

Unknown said...

@Russ: Thanks for the giving the boost I need to go! I will check the blog soon.

Hopefully people will get the feel to go to the gym. It took me years before I decided to really put a focus on trimming down my health.

Actually I haven't focused on my diet. I am eating lesser but not that less to really consider it as a diet.

R. said...

If you have regular exercise and you don't really want to go on a diet, just eat things in moderation. Malaki na ang maitutulong nun.

attribbidda said...

binabasa ko pa lang, hinihingal na ako!
hahaha...

Unknown said...

@Russ: Well, I rarely go to any fast food chains and eat heavy like rice and meals or burger meals with go big time stuff. More on fruits and small quantities of meat lang. I only eat twice a day. Thanks for the tip Russ! I checked the blog already. It is really interesting. I love it!

@Badette: Nakakapagod no? Wala e, gusto ko na ng abs instead of flabs! =)

[vayie] said...

Malalaman mo daw na magaling `yung driver kung magaling itong mag-park.

Hehehe. *snickers*

Peace!

Unknown said...

Honga e. At least marunong na kong lumaban sa mga sumisingit at aroganteng drivers. Hehehehe!

Natututo na ko ng proper parking paunti unti. Kaya napapadalas na din ang pagmamaneho ko. =)

[vayie] said...

Well, if it makes you feel a lot better sa pang-aasar ko, at least ikaw marunong mag-drive. Eh ako nung pinag-drive ni IronMan ng car niya, binangga ko sa paso. Panalo `no?

Unknown said...

Pareho na tayo. Ako nabangga ko yung kotse habang nag park sa garahe. May gasgas na ang side mirror. Haaaay!

Dati nga nung may vios kami sumabit yung gilid ng kotse sa isang posteng bakal. Mahaba yung gasgas from front to rear right of the doors. =)