Saturday, September 12, 2009

Music is my food for the soul #1

Listening to: Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl (1998 Surrender)

Right now, I feel: Hyper!

I am hours away of going to the gym. Before I make up for the lost time since I wasn't able to go yesterday (thanks to the rain that made me lazy), I was reading Russ's post about her gym activity and the new songs that she is listening. It was great to see people liking music.

For me it is my food for the soul. It can make me romantic, optimistic, angry and nostalgic. I will not go deep into how I loved music and how my taste evolved.

What I will share now is the music I am listening when I am at the gym. Something as I have said, Russ inspired me to blog about. Well here are my playlist.

Nine Inch Nails:
1. Closer
2. Reptile
3. Echoplex
4. The Hands That Feeds
5. The Day The World Went Away

Chemical Brothers:
1. Hey Boy Hey Girl
2. Let Forever Be
3. Setting Sun

Massive Attack:
1. Protection
2. Angel
3. Teardrop

Daft Punk:
1. Da Funk
2. One More Time
3. Technologic
4. Around The World

Foo Fighters:
1. My Hero
2. A320
3. Monkey Wrench

Limp Bizkit:
1. The Truth
2. Break Stuff
3. Nookie
4. Counterfiet

Portishead
:
1. Numb
2. The Rip
3. We Carry On

Up Dharma Down
:
1. Taya
2. Blessed
3. Every First Second
4. Malikmata
5. Maybe
6. Kaibigan (APO cover)

These songs are a great one to pump me up. Makes me feel aggressive when I am on a treadmill, stationary bicycle or on a runner. Some songs tend to relax me if I want to cool down and slow things up. My favorites are Echoplex, Closer and Reptile for my treadmill and ab workout. Hey Boy Hey Girl, Let Forever Be, My Hero, Monkey Wrench, The Truth and Break Stuff are my go to songs when I do my crunches. All songs can pump or mellow me down.

How about you? What music do you listen to when you're doing something (i.e gym, going to work or school) What is your food for the soul?

Welcome to another issue of my blog.

This is Music is my food for the soul #1

5 comments:

BABY BOINK :D said...

waaa.. teka.. di ko alam mga kantang yan ah.. talagang pang-emo noh? haha..
sensya ngayon lang ako nagcomment sa blog mo.. haha.. pish!:)

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! Ok lang yan Abi. You can visit and leave a comment anytime. I will see you again.

Nag lagay ako ng links sa mga artist. You can check them out. Most are rock and electronica.

Mahilig naman ako sa emo. Halos lahat nagugustuhan ko naman. Minsan pati yung ayaw ko talaga. =)

R. said...

Rock is my kind of music when I'm working out, super kaka-hyper!Ü

R. said...

Oops. I forgot to share an old post -- other songs that are on my workout playlist. :D

Glad that you're working out.
Keep it up!

Unknown said...

@Russ: Thanks a lot! I will check your old post. I love rock too. That's the music I started with. Then I began to love electronica and other genres.