Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I got screwed as I screw the wall

It's been 2 days now since I haven't post anything here. A lot of shit had happened, as in a lot of it. Sunday was all good. Got the best sleep I had for years. I got up around 1 pm and I slept around 2am. Which at that kind of sleeping habit, I should be up by 8 or 9 am. I had my lunch. My aunt said that we will visit my cousin (his son) today. It was all good. We had like the whole day there. After that we ate at Maharlika Cafe in National City. Man the food there was great! That's my weakness, food. Anyways, it was a typical Sunday. Monday came in. My first day in the job. I'm gonna be with Wes and Jeff. It'll be my first time to work in a construction. We started at 10 am, yeah sounds like late. But we stayed at the construction site till 10 pm. 12 hours of fucking work! It's hard to a point that you'll be exhausted coz you're working for 12 hours. But as long as they pay me good. I don't give a fuck about it! I just put more screws on the wall. The owner of the house, Judy was nice to us. She even prepared dinner for us before we go. We had steak and baked potato with some vegetable salad. Man it was good. But I was so dead tired! I can't believe myself I work 12 hours! Working in a construction for 12 hours is really a tough shit! But Wes and Jeff are good guys. I mean they are so nice and fun to work with, that sometimes I just forgot how pissed off I am at my new work. So I put screws on the wall. I was joking to Jeff that I love screwing the wall. Or I would shout like, "Screw you wall!" We have just a good time. Wes was nice and very patient at me. He taught me what to do and things to avoid in the construction site. He gave me advices on how to slow things down as long as you're doing it right. Jeff on the other hand, taught me on how to put dry wall on the windows and gave me the tool I needed. Belts with utility pouch on it. Pencil, tape measure, cutter, screws and a hand drill. These two guys are really cool. They know a lot from computers to construction. Well the day was not that good at all. But at least I enjoyed it. So yes, I got screwed while I screw the wall.

No comments: