Sunday, March 13, 2005

One cool mom!

I and my folks went out today. We went to Santee to check out the place. Actually we have no idea or any plans made on where to go. We only agreed that we'll go out for a weekend today. So we went first to a church in Temple. The church was called Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels. The church was big. We took some photos around the area. I brought the digicam so we can take photos and at the same time, take more pictures of different objects or subjects so I can learn more about photography or at least on how to make a picture as a work of art. So when we're on the church, I started to take pictures anywhere I think is a good spot to take a picture. I was surprise when my folks started to comment on my pictures I took. My mom said on one picture "The lighting effect on that picture is good. The light made the angel on a gloomy look, which is ironic since angels represent not gloom but salvation or at least peace". I was just surprised or find it odd that my mom was saying that. I mean my mom was not that vocal about supporting me with what I want. She would rather show it in action. For me, showing me her support is OK. But being vocal that she's supporting me on something is a big different thing. This was one of the times when I really need her and she responded to me like there was no tomorrow for the both of us. I mean, I know she supports me on a lot of stuff, but sometimes we just don't agree on things that I like. One example is my love for computers. When I told her that I'm willing to spend $2,000 for a gaming PC she just didn't agree on it. But I know though she won't say it, I can feel that her love for me was beyond words or even beyond definition of love. It was just too shallow for me to say that she just loves me. It's like her love for me is divine, rejuvenating to my soul. And she even volunteered to pose for me to be my subject. Now how cool is that! My mom is cool. Way too cool that we tolerate each others pricks. I mean I love rock, which is for some parents are noise. But she will never say it is noise. She just respects me with my passion for rock music and even some Hip-Hop. My mom's cool since we sometimes love certain songs from her time like Angela Bofil or Carole King. I love my mom. She's one big inspiration for me to be a good parent to my future child. We're so closed that she knows what's going on with me and my likes. Like my interest in shoes, clothes, music, computers and others. She even has a Yahoo Messenger that we customized with different colors and avatars too. I sometimes taught her on how to use the emoticons and the audibles. I even remember one time when she will bring me food back in my high school days, and she's wearing cargo pants. She sometimes listens to R&B or Hip-Hop. I even asked her to buy me CDs or computer magazines. So yes, we’re so close that I’m her favorite and that I’m a mama’s boy. But that favoritism doesn’t affect anyone of my siblings. We are all treated fairly and disciplined when we should be. I just have maybe more attention than anyone else. Maybe because I was once a bad guy and I still need guidance. Or I really need guidance since I’m the eldest among the 3 of us. That's how cool she really is. I love my mom! I love her so much! Her unconditional love to us is incomparable to others.

No comments: