Thursday, March 24, 2005

Risks of love, relationship, and commitments

"Life is like a double edge sword"


And I totally agree with this quote. I don't know where I get this quote, but it doesn't matter. Well, as boredom keeps on bombarding itself in me, I was just inside my room the whole day and suddenly this quote crossed my mind. And I asked myself, "are we really ready to take a risk and is it avoidable?" As I think about it, I just think that everywhere we go, risk are always with us. From the moment we woke up, to our way to work or school, and even in relationships. I believe there is no such thing as perfect, thus a perfect relationship never exist. Heck! Even our relationship with God is not even perfect! (should I go on with this one?) I'm in a relationship, in a long distance relationship to be exact. It is hard and it has many risk. Sometimes it makes me depress and paranoid. But as long as I trust her and I know deep in me, I'm not doing anything wrong here. Everything will just work out fine. But anything can happen, from the simplest arguments over the phone to the worst scenario where I got mugged here or maybe have another one (same on her too). Like I said; Trust, honest, and loyalty should be the major factors that will affect ones relationship to work out fine. The rest are just sub-factors to make it through or solidify it. Being here away from my girlfriend is hard, and really risky. The fact that we know that we are far from each other - meaning we don't see each other, we just hear our voices can be risky. If I abused this type of freedom I'm experiencing right now, I wouldn't plan going back to the Philippines at all. Another risk is this place. With full of gangs, racist and homeless lunatics, nobody can say what's gonna happen to me. Same to her since there's a lot of Christian-Muslim collisions are happening back there. There's a lot of risk, that's the bottom line. From the mere fact that some of it are real facts, and some maybe just paranoia - it is still a risk that everyone will face. Yeah, maybe I'm getting the Homer Simpson type where almost all the insane and out of this world ideas are crossing to my mind, it is still considered a risk for me.So are Am I really ready to take risk? The answer will be both no and yes. No, because one you thought of the risk you are facing, it'll scare the shit out of you that it'll make you go crazy and do something stupid. Stupid meaning trying to avoid it. For me, avoiding such risk will end up in another risk. A good example will be, being late. You'll tell the person you'll gonna meet sorry and make white lies, like EDSA is really congested with crazy ass drivers. As you do this again and again plus the excuses, that person will loose trust in you, and she'll get mad and the worst thing will be not seeing you again. Rather than telling the real reason you got late, tell them your sorry and it wont happen again, and take the risk of the person getting so pissed at you for just only a day. So I already did answer the 2nd question. "We can't avoid taking risk." So what should we do? We should brave enough to face that fear, and the bold enough to take that risk, we will be a better individual. I'm not saying that it'll make us a better that we will be wiser and such, but we will have a better view of life, and the understanding why such like risky situations exist. As the one of the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon says "That's a risk I'm willing to take." And every decision I made maybe won't do me any good, or maybe it'll just make me miserable or depress. But that's a risk I'm willing to take.

No comments: