Saturday, March 19, 2005

Went to the doctor. Good news and bad news

Friday! It's weekend! Yay! Nothing exciting happened today. I just went to my mom's work so I can get my resume. As I arrived there, I saw this good sculpture or piece of art (whatever you call it) hanging on the wall. I just find it interesting to take photos of it. My mom told me that her boss paid for $15,000 for that piece of scrap metal. What the?!? just for a piece of metal that was just painted gold and yellow will be sold for 15 grand? Fucking rich people. As I was waiting for my resume, my mom asked me to go and see her boss (since her boss is a doctor) so my back can be examined and to know what specific medications I'll need to take. I saw the doctor and I started to explain things to him on how and when I felt my back aching. He then concluded that it’s my back pain is work related since I was working on a warehouse where I was lifting heavy stuff of boxes and rolls of fabrics. Good news is that I decided to resign to my job and get enough rest. Bad news: Since I won't be working I won't be having money now. Well, I was hoping I can get the job that I'll be applying to. After the check up, I and my mom went to Carl's Jr. As I remember the doctor advised me to go on a diet so I can loose weight. Since that was also another reason why I'm having back pains. Another bad news for me. After lunch with my mom, I went straight ahead to Wilshire and Wetherly to apply for a call center company there. My mom went back to her work. As I arrived there, I looked for Myles first. She's a friend of my mom. And she's working also in the building. So she recommended me to this call center company that I'm gonna apply with. As I was being interviewed the interviewer asked my why I left the social security # blank. I told them that I'm just having a vacation here, and I want to have extra money. Well since the company is an outbound call center where I need to sell mortgages they need their employees to have a social security #. I just wasted my time there! Great! I returned to Myles' office and told her I didn't get the job. She helped me again and I hope that she can recommend me to her boss; Since her boss has another business where they need a data encoder. So I have to wait till Monday for that. I hope I can work again so I can have money. I just need it. Went home. Tired and a little bit frustrated. Back to my computer again. And as I said to myself, here I go again.

No comments: